Here is a delicious recipe for sweets, easy and quick to prepare.
Without sugar, without gluten, raw vegan and calorie-rich.
Very practical also as it permits me to carry out a few mouthful of condensed energy for the day!
Time to prepare ingredients : 5 to 10 minutes
Time to cook : 10 minutes
Remains fresh until you eat ’em all (I could never manage to finish them in more than 48 hours 😛 )
INGREDIENTS for 2-3 persons
- Around 400g of washed dates (pits/stones removed)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 handful of raw almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts (etc)
- 1 tablespoon of carob (locust bean) flour
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of raw chocolate powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed hemp seeds
- The dates will make it sweet, but for a sweeter taste you can add maple or agave syrup
1. Prepare the coconut oil so that it becomes liquid. If the room is warm enough, it is already liquid, if not you can let it a few minutes in a bain-marie (or on the radiator) for the time it liquefies.
2. Roughly cut the dates in small pieces (to ease the blending).
If you use a good blender this step is not necessary.
If you don’t have a blender you can use a soup mixer after this step.
Edit: after struggling many times with a blender, I ended up making my sweets with my bare hands. I realized how good my bare hands are, it’s amazing! 🙂 The best strategy is to choose fleshy dates and you won’t need a blender.
3. Blend the nuts (or grate them) trying to keep a few crunchy pieces 😉
4. Add all the ingredients (don’t forget the coconut oil on the radiator) and
blend without insisting too much mix everything with your nimble fingers 🙂
The aim here is only to bind the powders and the nuts with the dates, rather than to create an homogeneous paste.
5. The last step is to take small quantities of the paste with your fingers and to roll your sweets between your hands.
It’s a guaranteed success! (I still haven’t found anyone who doesn’t like them)