We have few opportunities to taste raw pumpkin salad (or marrow or squash etc), and it’s the season so here is a very simple recipe.
Pumpkins appearing at halloween season, when I start to miss the big juicy summer fruits, here is a salad that permits to mix fresh autumn products for a huge boost of vitamins and colors 🙂
INGREDIENTS for 2 persons
- 4 carrots
- 1 piece of raw pumpkin (about the volume of the carrots)
- 4 white mushrooms
- 1/2 fennel
- 1 lemon
- Olive and colza oil
- Salt, pepper, parsley, onion and mashed red chili (if you like it hot)
1. Grate the carrots and the pumpkin.
2. Slice the raw mushrooms and the fennel.
3. For the sauce, squeeze the lemon and add the salt, pepper, oils and chili pepper.
4. Mix everything together and add finely sliced parsley and onion.
Taste and enjoy autumn! 🙂